Ηere is an itinerary for an ultimate Corfu road trip:
- Day 1: Start your road trip in Corfu Town, the capital of Corfu. Explore the old town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Liston, a beautiful arcade lined with shops and cafes. Take a walk along the waterfront and enjoy the views of the Ionian Sea.
- Day 2: Drive to Paleokastritsa, a beautiful village located on the northwest coast of Corfu. Visit the Paleokastritsa Monastery, which is perched on a cliff overlooking the sea. Go for a swim in one of the many stunning beaches in Paleokastritsa.
- Day 3: Drive to Kassiopi, a charming village located on the northeast coast of Corfu. Enjoy the views of the sea from the village’s harbor. Go for a swim in one of the beaches in Kassiopi.
- Day 4: Drive to Sidari, a village located on the north coast of Corfu. Visit the Canal d’Amour, a natural rock formation that is said to be a gateway to love. Go for a swim in one of the beaches in Sidari.
- Day 5: Drive to the Blue Caves, a natural phenomenon located on the west coast of Corfu. Take a boat trip to the caves and see the beautiful blue waters.
This is just a suggestion, of course, and you can customize the itinerary to fit your interests and time constraints. Be sure to allow plenty of time for relaxing on the beach and exploring the many villages and towns on Corfu.
Here are some additional tips for planning your Corfu road trip:
- Rent a car with a GPS, as this will make it easier to get around the island.
- Book your accommodation in advance, especially if you are traveling during the peak season.
- Be sure to pack plenty of sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat, as the weather in Corfu can be very hot and sunny.
- Drink plenty of water, especially if you are spending time at the beach.
- Be aware of the local traffic laws and customs.